Re: current drain

Have the battery fully charged and tested for capacity (it could be
old and doesn't hold a full charge anymore). The other problem area is
the door light switches, sometimes the rubber caps are missing or worn
so the lights don't shut off when you close the doors. You can cut a
short piece of rubber vacuum tubing and slip it on the plunger of the
switch. Make sure the cigarette lighter isn't stuck and there are no
coins in it. A bad alternator could kill the battery too if it has a
bad diode. Sometimes it is accessories like burglar alarms or remote
starters wired incorrectly that can cause the drain. A battery master
switch is a good idea anyway.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757