Re: Rumbly rough running

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jamesrguk" <James_rg@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Long time since I last posted but I wonder if anyone on the list
can
> help.
>
> My DMC has been running badly for some time now, not a constant
> misfire but the engine sounds quite "rumbly" like a huge V8 rather
> than a smooth V6, it also lacks power and stammers when pulling
away.
<SNIP>

Try pulling the fuel injectors, and make sure that they've all got a
good spray pattern. Another thing to check is to make sure that the
spark plugs are all properly gapped. Both are items that can cause
the type of problem that you're describing on your car, which sounds
like improper burning of fuel in the cylinders (either too much, or
improperly atomized). If that still fails, you *might* need a CO
adjustment like my car did after 20 years, but that's more of a final
repair, and takes an exhaust anylizer to complete.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"