Re: [DML] Rumbly rough running

You've been moving a lot of things around on the engine in the process of
installing all the new items. I'd check that all vacuum and electrical items
are connected properly, for example the electric connection for the vacuum
advance solenoid. Make sure the cold start valve isn't leaking fuel when
running and make sure all the injectors are seated properly. I wouldn't
think an exhaust leak would affect engine power when under way. Elvis's
comment about the cat converter is worth checking as well. You mentioned a
new fuel distributor. The DeLorean's distributor is Bosch # FD46X. It is a
unique number to the DeLorean. Even the same vintage Volvo uses a different
number. I'd guess the differences are in the size of the slots and the
relationship to the plunger and possibly the adjustment of the primary
pressure valve. If you used a different number distributor you most likley
need to re-adjust the mixture screw and possibly adjust the primary pressure
by increasing or decreasing the number of shims. Primary pressure should be
held to 5.1 to 5.3 Bar.

Bruce Benson