Re: 5w30?

It is dangerous to compare your daily driver to the Delorean. For one
thing (very important!) the Delorean has mechanical lifters not
hydraulic. The relationship between the camshaft and the tappets is
very important in the selection of a motor oil. Another critical
factor is the clearances built into the motor and another is the type
of piston. It is always best to go with the manufacturers
recomendation but with today's improved oils as long as you purchase a
premium branded oil close to what was recomended you will be fine. You
will not find much of a performance increase in the selection of an
oil, look for longevity. Change the oil once a year with the filter
and you will be fine. More important than the selection of the oil is
to NEVER overheat the engine!!!!!!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "thomaspaulmccoy"