Re: hard start

I would first suspect worn parts in the ignition system. With 23,000
miles worn plugs, old cap and rotor, breaking down ignition wires can
all contribute to hard start. If these parts haven't been replaced or
are more than 10 years old I would start with them. Also inspect the
wires at the white ballast resistors on the firewall on the left side
and the relay just below them. Make sure everything is clean and
tight. After the ignition system then look at the fuel system. The
next time you have to start it cold squirt JUST A LITTLE starting
fluid (ether) in the intake. If it starts right up then there may be a
problem with the fuel pump, pickup hose, cold start valve, wiring etc.
Don't think you are going to fix this by twiddling some adjustment,
look for the problem and fix it. Troubles that seem to go away by
themselves always come back at the worst time possable! When the motor
is running check the frequency valve for buzzing, a dead Lambda makes
the car run like sh-t.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757