Water Pump Failed Again

I finished my project (3932) and drove it to work today. I bought it
with engine 100% disassembled. After two months and many, many
missing parts reordered, I finally figured out my 3D jigsaw puzzle
out and she roared to life!

When I got in to work today, it was pointed out I was dripping anti-
freeze. I assumed it was one of the hundreds of feet of cooling
hoses, but upon further investigation, it is the pump.

I started the car for the fellas to show my accomplishment, and there
it was - the whine, that is associated with a bad water pump.

8 months ago, the prior owner had a water pump failure and after
breaking bolts and then easy outs in broken bolts, he decided to rip
the engine down. That's where I entered the picture.

Don't know if the new pump the prior owner gave me was bad to begin
with (probably not), or if my pulling the Volvo pulley off and
putting on the DeLorean pulley damaged something, or if I just had
that darn belt too tight (I did have it awfully tight), but it is
bad.

At any rate, I am going to confirm what I suspect tonight and then go
for it again. At least I know the bolts are going to come out easy -
made sure to take all the precautions when I redid them.

I joined the club for a few hours any way!

Dan in Cocoa (3932)