Speedo problem

Hi everyone,
I have been driving my D around for awhile and before hand I had
gotten a new angle drive and has been working fine. But when I slow
to a stop my speedometer stops at 5 mph. If I tap the window the
arrow goes down below like it should. The other thing is that if the
car sits for a while (ie overnight) the arrow is back to normal. Is
there an unlying problem if I don't do something. If I need to oil
the thing too. How do I do that?