Cylinder Liner Seat Corrosion

Bought my first DeLorean a few weeks ago after looking in earnest for
about a month. Drove the 4 hours to Miami area and picked it up
myself.

I bought a project, with an excellent interior/exterior, but with the
engine in pieces. The engine is complete, however it is 100%
disassembled.

I have rebuilt many an engine, but never a V6, and since I've never
even seen a real DeLorean engine all together, it is a very fun, but
challenging jig-saw puzzle.

I dry assembled it last week, to make sure I had enough bolts, etc.
and to learn my lessons the easy way. Thanks to everyone who has
posted engine pictures. Helped me figure a couple things out not
specified in the manuals, i.e., auxillary pulley locations.

Here's my question:
This last weekend, after being shut down because of not getting all
four thrust washers I ordered from DMC, I set about the busy work of
cleaning threads, etc. I noticed there was corrosion around the
number 1 and 4 cylinder liner seats. It has eaten into the flange
seat, and had me ponderring an upper crankcase replacement all
weekend.

Any thoughts on this? I'd love to hear them.

Dan in Cocoa, FL
VIN# 3932

BTW $8300 for car and about $1600 in miscellaneous parts, tools,
machine shop work, etc., so far. I am frothing at the bit to get this
engine complete and in the car!!