AW: [DML] Door Strut Madness

Tyler,
those struts do have a valve of course. But those valves were installed,
developed and tested under worst case by a company which must guarantee
you, that this valve won't pop off once you close the door !
The pressure is 170 Bar (have no idea what this is in pound or something,
it's just 80-100 times the pressure in your tires !).

I also don't have a picture right now and of course they are installed,
therefore you won't see the valve.
the valve is on the end of the cylinder. You can twist off the attachment
to the door. There is a thread about 10mm wide and long. On the top there's
a small hole. To reduce the force and the pressure, cut a nail, put it
inside
the hole and softly hit it with a hammer. When they are new, they are too
strong so you can set them up like you want them. It takes about 10 to 15
minutes to set the correct pressure as you always must mount them back on
the car to check. I like to close my doors softly in the summer, therefore
when cold the doors won't open 100%, but they still won't droop when cold.

Like the original struts, they reduce the force when about 90% open, so the
door won't shake the car each time the door is opened.

For more informations call Adrian from delorean club germany or send him an
email.
Don't tell me you can't find that address, english isn't too different from
german !

Regards,

Elvis

Elvis, I do believe you are the one who posted (message 30626) about
the adjustable struts and pumping them up. Do they not have valves
of some sort (otherwise how can you pump them up)? Maybe you can
give us a little explanation as to how they work and post a picture
of them in the photos section. I'm asking you since I don't speak
German and can't decipher the webpage you referenced :-)

Obviously I won't be taking a hack saw to mine anytime soon! If the
struts can be modified safely with the correct fittings, then I
think it would be an interesting project, especially since I'm about
to buy new ones for my droopy doors.

Thanks,
Tyler