Re: Frame Epoxy Cracking

You are right to be concerned about rusting of the frame on Long
Island (you are surrounded by the Ocean-salt water is VERY bad). The
best thing you can do now is just get some kind of rust preventitive
spray and just drench the frame for the time being. Try to park the
car on pavement to prevent the moisture from the ground going up into
the car. Cover it well and make sure that it is tightly covered so no
small animals can crawl in. When the weather improves remove all the
loose epoxy by chipping or scrapping it off. Sand the metal to remove
any rust and feather the edges and then paint with Krylon "Smoke
Grey". Since you say the epoxy is bad in front it is very common for
the brake master cylinder to leak causing the brake fluid AKA paint
remover to soften the epoxy. When you fix the master cylinder and dry
the epoxy it isn't bonded to the metal anymore so it cracks and comes
off. Make sure the master cylinder isn't leaking anymore before fixing
the paint on the frame or it will just damage it again.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmc_delorean_2000