Parts Cars vs Reviving an Old Car

For over 1 month I have been offering for sale what I believe to be an
excellant candidate for someone who would want to "bring back from the
dead" a Delorean that has been in storage for 18 years. While it will
need a lot of TLC and expensive parts IMHO the price is very
reasonable. I think at this price if I do not get any takers I could
do better parting out the car. For you purists that would shudder at
the prospect of parting out a restorable car put you money where your
mouth is and give this car a good home. Since the body panels and most
of the interior is in good shape I could get more than $8,500 if I
decided to dissect the car piece by piece. All of the people that were
interested when it came time to "ante up" had all kinds of reasons why
they were no longer interested. Maybe if I priced it at $10,000 I
would get more interest? It took a while but I now have a good, clean,
marketable title. The car does start, run, and drive but it needs a
lot of work. At his price I can't afford to do anything to it as it
would cause the price to go up. For anyone buying it locally I would
help in the mechanical repairs.
David Teitelbaum