From: Mike [mailto:mquinto@xxxx]
Sent: February 5, 2003 8:06 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Rear ended and insurance

Hello List,
I know I promised to give my rear ended update, I was putting it off waiting
for a conclusion.
But since this Insurance topic came up again I decided to post.

After 31 days, I now have my DeLorean back from DeLorean Motor Center in
Garden Grove. And of course they did an excellent job. The previous owner
had painted the fascias some peach silver color. So DMCGG painted both
fascias back to the original gray. Everything fits better than before the
accident. Deck lid cover even pops up when you pull the handle.
Also, Dan Botkin who has been with DMCGG for 2 years now is a pleasure to
deal with. The nicest guy you ever wanted to meet. He was very helpful.
There was a DeLorean down there that just had it's motor and frame powder
coated red. And it also had Don's Stainless Steel fuel injectors hoses
installed. Who ever owns that car, Beautiful Job!

Anyway, now for the bad news. Never heard a word from AAA. I could never
reach that damn lady, or get her to call me back.

Now Superior is ducking my calls too.
DMCGG had quoted Superior to paint the front fascia in order to match the
rear. They understood this and gave the
okay.
DMCGG called me and said, the painters can't spray over the original paint
in the front. There were too many coats of paint and chips, it would have to
be stripped. The cost of stripping would be $250.00 extra. I said, fine go
ahead.
So, I called the original adjuster, his phone is also his fax #. Every time
I call him it just beeped. So I sent him a fax but he never called me back.
Then I called the Superior agent and told him what's going on. He said,
$250. isn't a big deal they'll approve it and he would have someone call the
shop.
Of course when I picked up my car Dan told me that they wouldn't cover
stripping.
So, they won't return my calls, and they haven't sent a second check for
rent a car fees like the agent promised.
Maybe small claims and reporting them to Consumer Affairs is my only option.
I've now been rear ended twice!!

Matthew Stits, I don't know what to tell you or how this could help your
situation, but I hope it does.
Anyone had any luck with 21st Century?

Good Luck
Mike