Re: [DML] Optima charger

I don't have an Optima battery but I do have a Battery Tender ("Plus" model).

The reason they are small and cheap is that they don't produce much output current.
They're designed to be attached to the battery all the time and keep it topped off, as
opposed to a charger that tries to charge a batterey as quickly as possible.

A charger left attached to a battery will eventually ruin it. The Battery Tender senses
the battery charge and will only supply to current lost. When my battery was drained to
the point of not being able to turn the motor, the Battery Tender took several days to
get it back up to a full charge. Now I leave the Tender attached all the time when the
car is not being driven regularly, and the battery is always full.

I've been very pleased with this product.

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, TX