Re: [DML] SS Illusion value

Mark, Your correct in the assessment of what's going to happen to the book
when the reprints come out. This happens in antiques all the time. Even
though the original is still carries a somewhat higher value, the people that
just want a book will go for the reprints thus taking a sizable portion of
the market with them. There will still be people that want First print run,
but the over all market will be gone and the value will come down. It would
be just the same if Delorean were being remanufactured at the rate of 10,000
per year, the junk yards would be full of them in several years and only a
few people that want an original would hold up the value on the older ones.
If you saw the History channel yesterday about Lamborghini and the small
production runs they make but they are always changing them.
Just my opinion
John Hervey

<< I have a question for those of you who know books fairly well.

With the new version of Stainless Steel Illusion coming out soon, what will
that do to the value of the original version? I know the original will
still be rare, but I've always felt that at least a portion of it's value
was just due to the fact that Delorean owners and fans wanted a copy for
the information in the book. Once the new one comes out that value will be
gone and only the rarity of a hard cover first edition will be left.

What's your opinion?