Re: [DML] Dream turned nightmare

I have worked for a bank/ brokerage for about 6 years. The old addage about
bank lending is true: "In order to get a loan from a bank you must first
prove you don't need one"

I would not let this discourage you. Banks use loan underwriters and they
follow pre-determined guidelines and scores. Obviously when they saw the name
of your car their computer screen lit up like a christmas tree. This bank has
little info about Deloreans or will not take the time to research them.
Institutions that lend money need to do so to survive. Times are tuff and
rates are low. I would continue going to other banks. Try a small local bank.
Try a large regional bank. Try your parents bank....In the old days a bank
relationship meant something. Today it is all lending scores. Also, credit
unions tend to be very competitive.

Do not give up.

Mike C
2109