help bending frame/facia bracket

I'm in the process of working under the car since its been around 0 degrees
here on the East Coast since August. One repair I am working on is where the
rear of the frame meets the facia. The car was obviously hit from the rear or
else a tree jumped out in front of the previous owner when he was backing up.
The facia is in excellent shape. What I want to fix is the metal corner of
the frame. It is not that bad but it would be nice to bend it all back to the
orginal postion, sand up where the epoxy has chipped off and repaint.....It
is only on the passenger side.

I was thinking at the very least using pliers and slowly bend the metal back
in postion but thought maybe other people have repaired this area. Maybe
using a rubber mallet and piece of wood to "pursuade" the metal back into
postion? It is mostly cosmetic but it would be nice to have it repaired. My
facia is about 1/4 away from the car on the passenger side so correcting
these bends will help my facia fit snug again.

Any suggestions would be great

Mike C
2109