Re: Fuel Flow Measurement in a DeLorean

John,

I do have the workshop manual and it does have information on the various
systems but does discuss how one would measure fuel flow as in gallons per
hour.

There is an article about the CIS Fuel system at <A HREF=="http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/outofuel.htm";>
http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/outofuel.htm</A> that talks about an "air flow
plate potentiometer" ... which tells the ...trip computer ...

Our cars do not have such a part.? I wonder if one could be added?? It looks
like it attaches to the pivot point of the air flow plate.? On my car there
seems to be a brass plug at that point.? OK who has the guts to pull out that
plug and see what's inside!?

Perhaps we can experiment on a scrapped unit?

What do you think?

I also think that some computer product of engine RPM and frequency valve
data might give us fuel consumption.? What do you think?

> Dave, I know the fuel system pretty well, but all the information you are
> asking for, cold &warm pressure, system, rest and control pressure is in
> the technical manual. 2 pages of it. If you don't have one you can find it
> on
> my web site.
> John Hervey
> www.specialTauto.com
> Home of the Powder Coated Alternator
>
> <<Does anyone out there know the DMC fuel system really well? How can
> I measure the fuel flow? Can I use information from the frequency
> valve and RPM? Any ideas? I want to build a driving computer and I
> have bought a Compaq 2010c as the base. It should look nice sitting
> on top of the center console with it's 640 x 240 color screen. It
> will display time, didtance, MPH, miles per gallon, inside and
> outside temperature, battery voltage, air fuel ratio, as obtained
> from the Lambda, RPM, ETA for an entered trip, distance to empty,
> etc. I'll keep you posted but my main stumbling block right now is
> measuring fuel flow. Will I need to get 2 seperate fuel flow sensors
> and put them in the feed and return lines and calulate the
> difference? All pictures and update will be posted to my website,
> currently under construction, at www.dmc12.info

Dave

ps Please take a look at my invention at <A HREF=="www.tvpedaler.com">www.tvpedaler.com</A> and let me know
what you think.