Current happenings with the AZ-D

Greetings from the desk of the VP!
Ok, so I just like saying that....:) the Arizona DeLorean Club
(www.az-d.org) has a full month planned. We're hoping some of our members
that we haven't heard from are monitoring the DML and will contact Randal or
myself or even another member to get in touch and update your contact
information. We have some email addresses that are no longer current and we
don't want to forget or leave out any members who want to be a part of our
events. Funny how these speeches happen right about the same time dues are
due, eh?....:)
Anyway, we have three great events planned for the February/March
timeframe and I wanted to share these with the list should anyone be
interested and want to attend. The first event will be held Saturday,
February 8th. A few owners are going to try out our new FRS radios (great
deal at Fry's Electronics: $15/radio, $15 rebates, two per household) and
cruise up to our new DeLorean Performance shop in Prescott Valley for some
repairs and improvements. This is about a 120 mile cruise and runs from
about 1400 feet in elevation to just over 5000 feet. So far we have three
cars going and four owners. There we plan to meet D-A-R-T shop owner Ryan
Gould, new club member Rocky Camin, and rumor has it that new AZ-D member
Jonathan Antonio is the newest owner, purchasing Arie Lyundyke's (sp.)
DeLorean just this week. Repairs/upgrades at D-A-R-T include door
adjustments, TAB removal and replacement (yes with Toby TABs),
electrical/wiring work, driving light installation, horn installation, and
rear view camera/monitor wiring.
Our next event is centered around the first weekend in March. Rob
Grady from P.J. Grady DeLorean in New York is coming out for his second
annual visit and tech session with our club. With him as always is EvilDan
from central NJ. Rumor has it that we will be joined by TIMMAY! from MN and
a possible former VeeP from SFO. I wonder if Ken Koncelik will make a
surprise appearance? AZ will be chock full of DeLorean talent. Saturday,
March 1st will be the tech session and car inspection day. Sunday will be
very special. At this very event last year our President, Randal Brown of
3M fame, drove his DeLorean for the last time. On the way to the event
Randal's brake system failed in the clamped down position and Randall showed
up with dark gray brake dust colored wheels and glowing rotors. Randal was
able to get his car home and it's been in his garage since. As you know,
letting a DeLorean sit is never good and Randal had to drain the tank and
replace the fuel system components. Right now he cannot seem to get it to
stay running, so our mission Sunday is to get Randal's car running and get
it into position in his garage for the brake system removal and replacement.
EvilDan and TIMMAY! have both offered Randal their services to assist in
getting his car back on the road and with Rob's help on Sunday we'll regain
a car we lost over a year ago. It will be a great victory to have our
President cruising the streets again.
This brings us to Saturday, March 15th. This is the Arizona British
Car Show in Heritage Square, Phoenix. Last year we had enough DeLoreans for
our own class and the club's very own Events Coordinator, Richard Federico,
took first place. This year we hope for an even better turnout, what with
my car being in AZ and Randal's car back on the road.
So all in all this is a very busy time for the AZ-D. We'd like to
invite any and all who wish to join in our festivities to please feel
welcome. Just contact me with any questions and I will be more than happy
to answer all I can. We are fortunate enough to be able to drive our cars
year round and would very much like to share that, especially with the folks
who have to take their cars off the road for the winter.

"SHARE the Dream!"
Matthew P. Olans, VP AZ-D
VIN #10365
VIN #16816