Re: [DML] Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!

In a message dated 1/23/2003 6:24:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, dmhmail@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> My passion side wants to know:
>
> 1) How fast can it go?
>
> 2) Does owning a DeLorean make everything else in life
> hum-drum?
>
> 3) Do dreams really come true?

Welcome Matthew!  1. Not very, unless it has an engine other than the original PRV-6.  2. Good question.  I have found that having a D doesn't really make things boring as much as it confirms and settles in your mind that you really have the most awesome ride on the road.  It shouldn't make you cocky though, but it will give you a quiet confidence.  And the pleasure you get out of knowing you have one will hopefully come out in small measures from time to time, and not all occur at once then fizzle.  Perhaps not driving/dealing with  it everyday early on is one way to guarantee continued Delorean pleasure.

3. Yes they do.  I had the dream since I was 15 or 16 in high school back in the early 90s.  I use to doodle the DMC symbol on papers and notebooks while in class.  When I got into a financial position after college to own one, I found one in my price range and in my area and I went for it.  Realize though that is may take years of interest and failed attempts before you finally get a Delorean.  And when you are ready to be more serious about looking for one, it may take another year or so.  Maybe seeing and talking about Ds on the net all the time is not necessairly a good thing for you; I didn't use the net much after high school so constant images of Delorean ownership weren't a problem for me.  I'm not saying you shouldn't take part in the list here by any means.  I'm just saying it may make waiting harder for you then it was for me.  Of course, this all assumes you are in the financial position where you NEED to wait, which you may not be.

Hope some of this helps with your passion side questions. :)

Richard