Re: [DML] Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!

There are many different answers to those questions depending on who you ask,
but let me give it a shot.

1 The price range for a Delorean in recent times has ranged from $4000 for a
complete basketcase to upwards of $30,000 for a showroom condition. As one
would expect the average (if a DeLorean can ever be called average) condition
falls in the middle of that range $13K-$20K.

2 The DeLorean is a unique car, but I would say that it requires the same
amount of maintenance as most early 80's Europen cars (although maybe not as
much as a Jaguar or a Lotus.)

3 The pricing has remained the same for a number of years, and will most
likley stay that way, at least for the near future.

4 Financing can prove to be difficult. The combination of the age and the
uniquness of the car can cause some reluctance amoung lenders.

As far as the Second list goes

1 The DeLorean is a peppy car, but it is not nearly as fast as it looks.
There are many ways to overcome this including performance engine upgrades
and turbo systems.

2 Having a DeLorean makes everything else on the road seem hum-drum : ), In
fact I've noticed that people are always looking the DeLorean (maybe they
should be looking at the road! haha) Sure the DeLorean isn't the most
important thing in life, but its darn close. I once had a girlfriend who
gave me the typical line, "You care more about that car then you do about
me." Well to make a long story short, The DeLorean is still in my garage. On
the other hand, I have no clue where the Ex-girlfriend is. : )

3 Dreams come true! Even after going on 5 years with my D, I still look at
it and can't beleave that I own one! Sure there are good times and bad
times, but for me at least the good outnumber the bad. Would I do it all
over again? IN A HEARTBEAT!

Living the Dream since 7/98,
Andrew
4194