Re: [DML] Go Getting My DMC

I want to add my input, I just turned 19, I bought my car when I was 17, I
went threw the hell of waiting, I first found a car about 3 miles from my
home, I live in a small town, and to see a DeLorean in your town, and it
being for sale, I jumped at the chance after about 3 failed attempts out of
state. I was able to get my aunt and uncle to front me some money, about
5,000, and I had saved a little over 3,000 from working. I then was able to
get a personal loan from the credit union for 8,000, and some change for the
taxes and tags. I love my car (don't get me wrong), it ran great for a whole
two days. When I first saw it looked great very little cosmetic work, just a
little stitch on the seat, and some very minor sun damage, but over all it
sounded great and looked great. then little sounds and leaks started, first
the back brakes went, I was already aware the car needed a little work to
bring her up to full restoration. Well, I got the car in August for 16k, and
as soon as my birthday hit in January I was already in about 1,500 in
repairs. This was just the beginning of 2002, after I got it back we had a
death in the family so the enjoyment of driving the car was out for a few
days, as soon as I began to drive, black smoke began to come out the back.
Then It had its 5th trip on the tow truck, when you car gets attention, and
do they, you never want to have it go in the middle of traffic, and hold
everyone up!
Then the end of April add another a few hundred dollars more, and the total
is know a running 2,300. The car dies, mainly cause is the fuel injection,
add more repairs, labor, parts. Well, I haven't be able to drive my car since
the end of April, except one day in June in which the fan motors for the
front of the car died. And since then the car has died twice more, and the
new mechanics have found some overheating damage. No hear comes the really
kick you when your down part. (Keep in mind I will never, even with the loss
of money, which I am paying myself, and the loss of time, will never get rid
of this car, once its fixed I hoping it will run great.) I was playing with
the idea to sell it while I was in an extremely angry mood, I visited a
dealership and asked them if they would be interested in a DeLorean, they say
we already have one. I look at it, this car made my DeLorean look like an
80's junker, of course my car wasn't clean and was taken somewhat apart. And
I found it came from DeLorean Houston, TX, and if I waited just a few months
longer like just 8 months I could have add on of TX restored cars, with all
updates, top of the line, for sale price, and existing warranty, form the
dealership!

Make sure if you go get a DMC-12 for 14k its a lot better then my car, one
day I will drive it again, but for now I have to pay its now new amount for
4,000, a since the new mechanic knows these cars, and saw the last year or so
with the car I have had has cut me a big break in paying and he also has some
old parts when he used to sell them.

One brake isn't bad,
Darryl
5898

This is not to discourage, but make sure you get a good deal, and it doesn't
really hurt to wait. (I own a DeLorean but I can't drive it, imagin owning
the car but can never see it, so if you have to wait, then just wait.) So I
told the mechanic to keep it, until its done or I run out of money.