Re: Idle speed

Assuming all of the systems are set up correctly and the idle motor
has full control (the 3 brass screws are closed and no vacuum leaks
idle ECU is working, idle micro is closed) there is a thermistor on
the water distribution pipe under the intake manifold. As it warms up
it tells the idle ECU to lower the idle speed. Another thing to check
is the control pressure regulater aka warm-up regulater. It is on the
left valve cover. Make sure the vent hose isn't kinked, it's the short
"U" shaped hose. Make sure the wiring plug is on securely. I would
check it out first as it has more to do with the idle quality
immediatly after you start the engine. Could also be a fuel delivery
problem like a dirty fuel filter, kinked pick-up hose in the fuel
tank, worn out fuel pump etc. When the engine first starts cold it is
not running on "regulated" or control pressure so the pressure from
the fuel pump is important.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jerry" <jlharry@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello List
> Have a problem, need advise.
> My car starts on first try , runs for a few seconds and goes to low
idle before it is warm enough to run, it tries to idle at 750 rpm but
dies. I can restart it afew times, when it is warm enough it will
keep running.