Re: DeLorean in VH1 Show - Dec. 16th reminder

Re: DeLorean in VH1 Show - Dec. 16th reminder

I think the complaints of the VH1 show's inaccuracies demonstrate a
VERY skewed perspective. Our favorite car, something many of us own
ourselves, was heavily featured on a TV show meant to satirize and
entertain, not educate. We should be flattered that of the many
things of 1981, our CAR was given so much attention, positive or
otherwise. Even negative press on the car adds value and mystique,
how many cars carry that from the whole decade?
Oscar Wilde said
"The only thing worse than being talked about,
is not being talked about."

Keep that in mind with our DeLorean.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas@xxxx>"
<DMCVegas@xxxx> wrote:
> Having just seen the segment on the DeLorean, I can honestly say
that it was
> complete shit! Aside from numerous inaacuracies about both the car
and the
> man, very insulting remarks were made about both JZD, and the
owners of
> the cars. In a nut shell it was stated that sports car owners must
have small
> penises, and therefore John DeLorean must have a vagina since he
named
> the car after himself! And no, you did not read that sentance
wrong. And of
> course there were otherthings from calling the ugly, to outright
describing it as
> "...a maxi-pad with wings". Aside from this there was also the
insinuations that
> not only is John DeLorean in jail, but he supposedly had a cocaine
habit that
> brought down the company.
>
> I am totally insulted by this! I feel that VH-1 and Viacom networks
owe us all
> an appology! If you'd like to contact them as much as I do to let
them know
> how you feel, the number to Viacom networks is: (212) 846-8000.
Better yet
> though, I have dug up a list of various contacts for VP's, and
Communications