Re: [DML] Need your opinions on this D

It might be worth $4-5000 from your description. Basically if it doesn't
run, you almost have to treat it as a parts car from the standpoint of how
much to pay. You won't know if it's better until you can disassemble a lot
of it.

The clutch issue sounds like rust on the input shaft and other areas where
the clutch is located. Any stick shift vehicle that is parked for an
extended period of time in a moist environment can have this happen. My
Ford tractor used to do this every winter. The solution for it was to start
the tractor in 1st gear, get it moving good, then stand on both the clutch
and brake pedals for 2 seconds at time. About the 2nd or 3rd time it would
break loose and work fine for the rest of the season.

A car, especially a DeLorean won't have low enough gearing to make this
work well, so the best solution is to disassemble, clean, and probably
installl a new clutch kit. At that point the problem should be solved.

This sounds like a car my brother-in-law had mentioned to me. He had run
across it while visiting his brother in Sullivan, MO. I told him it didn't
sound like it was worth the $10k they were asking for it, but never got out
there to take a look before we moved. It's been there for while according
to him.

Mark N
VIN 6820