Re: [DML] What is in a value?

There are many answers to your questions...First, is that ebay should not be
your barometer to the car's value...I have seen many very nice cars poop out
at around $14k....If you truly need to sell it fast then ebay is the way to
go...If you desire a higher price you need to use Hemmings or another source
for classic cars. Also the DML For Sale section has higher priced cars.
Remember, ebayers are looking for cheap values thus it tends to attract cheap
sellers. Ultimatley the cars value is what someone is willing to pay for it.
I did read that ebay has now passed carmax for number of car sales on the
internet so it does seem ebay motors is moving a lot of cars...

Deloreans are NOT liquid....you could sell for a lower price quickly or take
up to a year or so to get your price.....I would promote it locally with a
website, or even place it in a visible loaction with classy for sale sign.
Also, I think it is harder to sell the Delorean for much higher then the
average to educated Delorean buyer. Reemmber, the average person thinks the
car is worth $100k. I am not saying you need to rip someone off but just
remember your audience....

As far as money put into your car...anyone will tell you cars make lousy
investments, Delorean included. Case in point a $15k car with $10k in
upgrades does not equal $25k (must be the new math) It may equal an $18k
car.....Think of your purcahse price as a sunk cost. Remember you got to
enjoy the car while you owned it too. So unless some major shift in classic
cars occurs the Delorean should slowly increase in value as their numbers
decrease. SInce I work in the brokerage business I can tell you the stock
market wiped out an enormous amount of peoples free cash. Real Estate is now
very hot. I have heard collector or classic cars are making a slow comeback.

There are many other things to include but I'll close with the poor economy.
It is hard for most to afford a luxury like the Delorean. I had to beg my
wife :-) Since you have lost your job you can see first hand the impact the
economy has on people....I hope these few points help and that they are not
taken the wrong way. Just my observations...And I hope things turn around for
you quickly....

Mike C
2109