Re: Tilley Foundation update (3 months later)

Re: Tilley Foundation update (3 months later)

[Moderator Note: I'm approving this post because of Rich's first
sentence, as well as its factual content. IF YOU REPLY TO THE
DML WITH ANY SPECULATION OR OPINIONS OF THIS PROJECT I WILL
AUTOMATICALLY REJECT YOUR MESSAGE! - moderator Mike Substelny]

This is not an invitation to startup feasability arguements about the
Tilley Delorean again, just some details about the last 90 days.

Well, since Ken mentioned this briefly a few weeks ago, I thought I
would do a quick follow up on the Tilley Electric Delorean since it
has been 90 days since the "big" event at the Nashville Speedway.
After this apparent wheel bearing failure, Tilley promised to give it
another go within 30 days. Well, that would have been 60 days ago.
Obviously, a wheel bearing repair can take over 90 days to complete.

Before the Nashville Speedway event, I had sent Carl Tilley several
emails with lists of things to check prior to doing a high speed test
with a 20 year old, low mileage car, but he had assured me that the
entire car had been gone over by his team. Regardless of how the
Tillet Device could or could not perform, I did not want a Delorean
to be the scape-goat of the project, which later it turned out to be.

Since then, the Tilley website has added information on two SUV donor
vehicles, the first being a Nissan XTerra, which had a failed attempt
for conversion, later replaced with a Chevy Blazer 2WD vehicle, which
is slated for completion next week(?). The site still says they will
run the Delorean again when the SUV is completed, so we will have to
wait and see what will happen this time.

I repeated my suggestion to Carl Tilley via email that if he really
wants to "test" his device for an extended run, that he should attempt
the tests at or under the legal speed limit. Running initial "tests"
at or over 100 mph has little to prove for everyday vehicle use.

By the way, there is another new Tilley vehicle being tested. It is
a modified golf cart called the Tilley All Terrain Vehicle. My guess
is that the initial tests will be very positive, but the cart will
have a mechanical failure because it was not originally designed to
go over 35 miles per hour and was not meant to be driven under such
harsh, off road conditions. Does that sound a little familiar?

I just hope that if Carl Tilley does attempt to prove something with
his electric Delorean, I hope he does not use it as the scape-goat
on any future testing. There are plenty flux capacitor jokes without
adding Tilley Device jokes to the mix.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kkoncelik@xxxx wrote:
> Well we are about a week away from printing the first issue of
DeLorean Car