From: Sonny V
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 8:24 PM
Subject: [DML] New tank sender thoughts

Hey all -

Got my new tank sender this past Wednesday from DMC in Texas. Warren said it would arrive on Wednesday and he was right! I didn't have time to install it until today, but it was quite easy to do and came with illustrated instructions.

The tank sender is metal, unlike the original plastic one that I took out. It has the same kind of three terminal plug like the original one, though, so it just plugs right in. It also comes with a new thicker seal to replace the original one. When I first turned the key on after installing it, the low fuel light came on and it read about 1/16 of a tank on the gauge. I went to the gas station, filled up with 11.4 gallons. The manual says the car has a 13.2 gallon tank, which would have meant that I had about 1.8 gallons left in the tank. So far so good.

I will keep the list posted on my experience with the unit.