[no subject]

I keep my DeLorean stored for most of the year (I'm away at college)
and it's always a pain to reconnect and then disconnect the battery
each time I want to use the car. I was planning on getting a cheap
jackknife battery cut-off switch when I came across the Battery
Buddy (the website is www.batterybuddy.com). Basically it's a
product that you connect to the battery's hot terminal and it keeps
an eye on how much power is still running through it. When the power
drops past a certain point, it cuts the circuit. It comes with a
remote for resetting the circuit, or you can do it from the unit
itself. You can also set the product to "off," which cuts the power
to the battery manually. (This is a description of the Battery Buddy
III; they have other models with fewer features.)

I haven't ordered the thing yet (I've seen it priced at $55-$70,
which doesn't seem too high to me), as I'm not yet sure if it will
fit in the DeLorean's battery compartment (the Battery Buddy
measures 1-5/8" x 2-1/8" x 2-1/8"). I was wondering if anyone has
tried this product yet, and with what degree of success. (And
hopefully, if the product pans out, new DeLorean owners with battery
troubles won't have to go though any of the headaches I've gone
through.)

What do you guys think?