Re: Sticky throttle

The throttle cable should be lubricated with anti-freeze and water as
per the recall. If the throttle doesn't return to idle and hit the
idle switch then the engine will never idle at the correct speed.
There are many settings and adjustments that must be done correctly to
get the engine to idle correctly. Make sure that when you take your
foot off the accelerater the throttle hits the micro switch and the 3
brass screws are lightly seated closed. If it won't idle right like
that there are a lot of things that will need to be done to get it
idling right. Setting up the idle on the K Jetronic is hard if you
don't understand all the things going on. The idle is automatically
compensated by the idle ECU and idle motor if everything else is
right.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757