Re: Fascia Alignment

Subject Re Fascias Alignment

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Delorean17@xxxx wrote:
The gap between the front of the fender and
> the fascia was very large. I see that on most DeLoreans there is
literally
> no gap between the fascia and the fender. Even if I put pressure
on the
> front of the fascia to close the gap it wont seem to get much
smaller. There
> there doesnt seem to be any adjustment for this type of front/back
movement
> on the front fascia. Has anyone else ever had this problem? ...

Hi Dave.

I've had this problem. My fascia had shrunk from harsh storage.
It's surprisingly hard to fix. I closed the gap on my car using a
right angle bracket attached to the front fender mounting point and
an anchor bolt. It's hard to describe verbally. If you send me your
email, I can send you a picture. Though the repair successfully
closes the gap, it's likely to be frowned upon even more by judges
than the gap is. At least the bad fit of the body parts is original
equipment, hee hee hee.

Rick Gendreau