Re: 001697 is no more,

Actually it is always your choice.
If the car is totaled, and they decide to pay you 'the full value of
the car' then you ALWAYS have the option to keep the scrap...
However they can then take the value of the scrap away from your
settlement.
It's kinda a catch 22 on thier part in this case.
They can hardly come back and say the scrap is worth 5k + if they
were only going to give you 10-14k for the whole car. It would be
undermining thier statement that the repairs outwiegh the value of
the car.

If they treat the settlement like any ol 80s car... they have to
treat the scrap like that too.
Trust me guys, they won't be keeping the scrap. Even if they wanted
2k for the scrap I could make that back in the stainless alone
nearly (not saying I'm parting her out... nor am I saying I'm
not.... yet)
Also you always have the last say in where and how it will be fixxed.

I appreciate all your suggestions, and help... and keep em coming
considering repairs. But I'm an insurance agent... I have my ass
covered in that department :P

James L 001697