Re: [DML] bricklin question

***** Moderator's Note *****
Since this is responding to a direct question, I am passing it through
to the list. There are many sites available on the web that have
Bricklin information. Please refer to them for additional information.

Mike G Moderator of the week

*****

A bricklin is a very interesting car. They have either a amc or ford 390 V-8. They also have a low rear end ratio which made them very good performers.

THE car model was know as SV-1 meaning safety vehicle one. Bricklin was a maverick like JZD and Tucker in that he designed a vehicle to survice a 50 mph head on collison. without air bags. He actually did this to demostrate his design.

He also used plastic body panels with the color bended in so scratches could just be buffed out.

And of course he had hydralic gullwing doors. There is a support network for B ricklin owners and many parts are still available or reproduced.

BOB