Re: Want to dive DeLorean dump site.

Before anyone goes jumping into the water you might want to find out
what the legal ownership status of the dies is. Even if they are
recoverable and can be used you may have no right to touch them.
Pictures would be great if you did dive and at least located and
mapped them. To actually use them would require renting press time
(EXPENSIVE!!!) as the presses to use them are BIG. It would also
require purchesing tons of stainless steel sheets (you aren't going to
make just 1 or 2 of these things) space to store all of these parts
after you make them, transportation, scrappage, cost of money etc. To
actually make new parts you are in the hundreds of thousands of
dollars range if not millions. I do not think it would be an
economically viable enterprise even if you could get the dies for
free. There are other ways to duplicate stainless steel panels if you
don't need large #'s made.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, id <ionicdesign@xxxx> wrote:
> has anyone read this article on the DML about where the dies are?
they were not dumped