Re: [DML] porting and polishing, and other mods

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, spaceace3113 wrote:

> the link to island turbos site? i know they were working on one, lastly
> is intercooling so hard on the delorean? has it been done?? thank you

Last I knew Island did not have a website, but I haven't followed them
closely lately.

As far as intercooling, no, there's no fundamental problem with it. The
Legend turbo setup had twin intercoolers. There is plenty of air
available by putting airscoops on the side engine compartment vents (even
without scoops there may be enough air). Another option would be an
air-to-water intercooler with the radiator located with the main radiator
in the front or in some place where there is lots of air available.

The Island turbo kit does not run enough boost to need intercoolers, which
are usually only needed above 7 or 8 PSI. But a turbo kit aiming for more
power should have them.