Re: Steering wheel play

I think I already know the answer to this but I thought I would throw
it out there...My steering rack was replaced with a rebuild from
Grady and it steers perfectly. The only problem I have is the
steering column itself moves. The culprit is that little black
bushing that goes in the hole where the column exits the car....

I know the solution is a $20 part but I hear horror stories of
pulling the sterring wheel and messing it up or not getting the wheel
back in correctly....Has anyone thought of a way to make a 2 piece
bushing or some other clever way to put a new bushing in without
removing the column???

I think if this could be done you would have a alot of happy D owners
with great steering....

thanks
Mike
2109