Re: CV Boots & ...

Buy the correct boots. It's not that much money and not a difficult
job. (But it is admittedly messsy!) The split boots are not worth the
effort, and that implies that you are not cleaning and repacking the
bearings, a bad idea.

Instructions at:
http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/cvjoint.htm

Dave Swingle