Re: [DML] DeLorean Stock Certificate for sale

Re: [DML] DeLorean Stock Certificate for sale

I watched these stock certificate auctions on ebay very closely.....In all
about 7 stock certificates went over about a 4 week period. I believe the
ones without JZD's signature went for $200-400 dollars. A few that had his
signature went for over a thousand! I work in the Brokerage industry and
there are basically 2 types of stock certificates:

1) Custom certificates like Walt Disney that were designed for the company
with their logo, pictures, etc.

2) Standard office stationary type certificates where the company name is
just typed in with a typewriter.

It appears the one offered for sale is the cheaper of the two and does not
even have JZD's signature. I am not a judge of historic stock certificates
but I would be careful buying at that price... There are probably very few in
existence so who knows what the actual value is....I believe the "on-sale"
price is just marketing.

I do believe the cert is real and had some business purpose. But if you go to
the FAQ on the DMC newsite you will see Knut's picture of a real DMC
certificate....

http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/d_stock.htm

Buy carefully,
Mike