Re: In-glass antennnae

The main reason DMC discontinued the antennae in the front windscreen
(windshield to us Americans) is the limited ability to receive weak
radio stations. That coupled with the limited ability of the radios
available at the time caused all auto manufactureres to give up on the
idea. It really is a good idea if it works, no more damaged antennaes
at the car wash, more vandal resistant, no broken power antennaes,
more aerodynamic. With modern radios having better (digital) circuitry
and if you are in a metropolitan area not too far from the
transmitters you could probably live with the wire in the windscreen.
Of course now there is satelite radio and CD's. I know of one owner
who went to Radio Shack and put a signal booster in his car. He has a
power antennae and he claims it made a big difference. You could try
that too on the windscreen antennae. If your windscreen doesn't have
the wire there used to be kits you could buy in the auto stores that
you taped a wire along the top edge of the winshield and wired it to
the radio. I don't know if they are still available. I don't think you
can buy a windshield with the antennae in it anymore.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Jack The Stripper <motti@xxxx> wrote:
> I haven't had a lot of time to read my messages lately, so forgive
me if this has been covered, but has anyone here retrofitted their
DeLorean with an in-glass antenna or know someone who has?