Re: DeLorean financing

"ask" hecklerkochgmbh WROTE:

>(SNIP) I was going to wait and pay for a DeLorean in cash but I just
cant bring myself to wait. What if I die tomorrow? Then I will never
get a chance to even drive one!! So Im gonna pay for it the long way.
Wish me luck guys!

----
I RESPOND:

Heh, well, it sounds as if you're about to get what you deserve for
NOT waiting. You'll pay dearly (from the pocketbook in the long-run)
for hurrying into this deal. But... I can only say this. I know for
a fact that you will NOT understand what I mean for maybe another
year or so when it all catches up with you. So I don't expect you to
understand at this point.

When it comes to DeLoreans you DEFINETELY get what you pay for.
You'll find thirty or so owners who will tell you the same thing.
Buy a DeLorean that is as close to finished as possible or you WILL
pay big bucks getting it to where it's even acceptable to be
classified as a "good" car.

There's nothing like making car payments for four years on a car
that "suddenly" needs $5000 in repairs, heh. Yeah, you'll like
that... Still paying for a car that you now need to borrow MORE
money to pay for the repairs.

If you can't afford to buy the car with cash you DEFINETELY won't be
able to afford to fix it when it comes time. Which is obviously
immediately from what you wrote.

Mine was in pretty good condition when I bought it. It needed much
less than what you've described yours as needing. It was driveable
and very good looking inside and out. The first time I did minor
repairs it was $5000, the second time it was $3200, and just this
spring I spent (no joking here) $14000. Each time for little things
all considered minor repairs. Well, I did have the crush zone
replaced so you can discount $2000 if you want for that.

Personally I'd never buy a DeLorean (or any other car) that needed a
bunch of repairs for no other reason than because "I couldn't wait".

You'd be better off waiting and finding one that is in much better
condition. Trust me there's tons of them out there for sale in much
better condition than what you're describing. And there'll still be
many, many out there whwen you can better afford it.

Chris