Applying Thin Grey Side Stripe (dealer option)

Applying Thin Grey Side Stripe (dealer option)

As I am considering this as a winter-project on my car
(amongst a LOT of other work), I'd like to know if anyone
on the list has ever applied the thin grey side stripe
on their DeLorean themselves...

They are still available from DMC Texas for about $75,-
but probably NOS, so I'm wondering if they will still
stick to the SS as they should.
And as I might also rebrush my car this winter,
would it be best to do this befor or after applying?
Before would risk scratching the stripe, after could
give trouble applying on the brushed surface.

I'm also looking for some clear pictures of this stripe;
all I have now is an unclear scan from a brochure with
dealer options and someone in our club has a PIECE (only
the logo under the vents) on his car.

I like the idea of the stripe, but would like to see one
a bit clearer before deciding to buy a set.
Another possibility I have is making my own custom set,
but styled in the original way; I have the means and
experience to do this, but would need something to work
from, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...