Re: Only running on five cylinders

Which 5 cylinders is it running on? Just kidding. How did you check
the fuel injectors? The most likely causes of poor running, ie:
running on 5 cyl, is worn, bad spark plugs, dirty, plugged fuel
injectors, and ignition wires getting old and the insulation breaking
down. The only good way to check the fuel injectors is to remove them
and have them tested and cleaned in a fuel injector tester. If the
ignition system is origional replacing wires and plugs is an excellant
idea. Add fuel filter, air filter, oil change, and oil filter. You may
also need an O2 sensor (depending on mileage). I also recomend
replacing the seals on the fuel injectors and checking for vacuum
leaks. If the fuel in the car is stale it will never run right so
remove it and replace with fresh (if it smells like shoe polish it is
time to go). After replacing all parts check timing, advance, (vacuum
and mechanical), the cold start system, the idle system, and the
lambda system. If the problem persists then you might need a valve
adjustment and do a compression test to find the "dead" cylinder.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Payne" <bpayne@xxxx> wrote:
> After the cold weather started, for some reason my baby will only
run on
> five cylinders. Everything was perfect up until then, aside from
some minor
> hesitation in the morning. After checking the injectors (the ones I
can get
> to) and finding them clean, I've just decided to do a tune up and
replace