Re: freak oil leak

If you are sure it is oil there is no easy way to fix it, it could be
a cracked block, blown head gasket etc. You will probably tear apart
more then just the water pump to fix this one! If the engine has been
severly overheated you are probably facing a complete tear-down in any
case. Verify that is is indeed losing oil. Pull the dipstick and make
a note of how much is in it (add some if you have to to stay above the
low mark). Run the motor a few minutes and recheck the dipstick. If it
is losing oil then the dipstick will prove it. If it is not oil you
will still be pulling the water pump to fix a coolant leak. Looks like
either way that water pump is comming out!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, RFLRKV@xxxx wrote:
> I 'jumped' my D-12. It over heats. Now oil is running out behind the
waterpump pulley. No coolant; pure oil. Can't see it. W.P. remove is a
major disassemble job. Can anyone give me a hint??!!-Richard