Re: The D gets cheaper every day.

oh you're gonna get hell from that...

The gull wings do help to make the car.

But at the time the price of car was out of whack due to higher
production costs than were expected. If DMC *HAD* survived, it would
have improved the DMC-12's manufacturing process, and would have had
other ventures to bring in money (like cocaine... bad joke sorry).
The price of the 12 would have dropped to less than the vette or
porsche OR the performance and quality of the car would have improved
to be more worth the near 30k price tag.
IF DMC had lived, the 81-83 DMC-12 would not be going for as much as
they are are because there would more of them (or 84s, 85s, and on
that were similar) and there would be less demand for restoration.
More than likely if JZD had lived up to his dream the car would have
lessened in price, improved in performamce and quality, but
unfortunatly become more common.

The cars entire history and style are what make it special, not just
the stainless. Gulls Wings, stainless, JetSetter JZD leaving GM and
MAKING HISTORY IN THE PROCESS, and fun and exotic (and compared to a
ferrari or lamborghini.. cheap) car, AND a scandal surrounding it
all. The car was a classic in 1979, before it came out!!! And by 82
it was a legend.

The DMC-12 has it's bad points. But destined to be what it is now.
COOL AS HELL!!

I agree that DeLoreaOne is absurd, and I personally would never buy
anything from a place that would dare charge the prices they do (not
just for cars but for parts too). Lords knows PJ Grady not only cares
more about the customer, and the cars, but does a better job and for
less money that DeLoreanOne would even think about without snubbing
thier nose at me (for looking for a project-car when they only wanna
sell me a 30k car for 62k).[not to start a vendor war.. i like DMC
Houston too BTW, J Hervey is great as well]
Forgetting about them however, a good condition D has appreciated in
value since 81. Which is especially amazing considering they weren't
really worth 30k to begin with!

James LaLonde 001697