Re: The D gets cheaper every day.

-- In dmcnews@xxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxx> wrote:
-

> Is what D-1 charges for a DeLorean in line with what the sticker
price of a new
> one today might cost if the company was still in business? Who
knows. You've
> got prices all over the place for sports, and super cars. Esprits &
Jaguars are
> up in the $90K+ range, and Corvettes are down in the $40-$50K's.
> -Robert
> vin 6585 "X"

Basically DMC was "trying" to sell the Deloreans for twice the price
tag of a Corvette of the same year.Corvettes in 1981 were selling for
appox $16,000 so DMC was sticker pricing at $32,000(at least that was
what was on the window sticker of the very first delorean I looked at
in a Dealer show room in 1981)so at todays rate, if there was a 2003
Delorean,that would mean that a New Delorean would sell for $80,000-
$100,K's.
So D-1's Remanufactured Deloreans would be a bit steep even in todays
standard.Remanufactured items should NEVER exceed 50% of NEW.DMC of
Texas is MORE in line for what a Remanufactured Delorean should/would
sell for.Expecially since the Delorean has no important History
behind it(Street or track racing or Legendary figures/time eras ect.
behind it)Yes I know JZD,Lotus,and Ital-Design,BUT all the negative
things/problems knocked it out of wack,The gullwing doors is Not what
makes the car special,as the Bricklin has those,THE thing that makes
it special is THE STAINLESS STEEL SKIN,and the "cult" like following
that it has.And sites like this and OTHERS that are deciated to the
Delorean.If you take one of these items away,it would become just
another used old car.
Claude
00570