those &^%$# door lights are great

Maybe the plastik part of the door is too far away from the switch so it
won't be
pushed in far enough ?
Test it by sticking something on the plastik part with tape (is it still
there ?) with one,
two ore some more millimeters (40,80...mills).
But the question is - why doesn't the door push the switch correctly ? Is it
installed correctly ?
is it the correct switch ?
Can you take a picture ?

I always have the inverse problem with my other car, where the contacts are
corroded....

Elvis...with great door lights in his 6548

I have the most frustrating door lights of all time.....I can sit there a
million times and push the little door light/door ajar button and the lights
go out instantly. As soon as I close the door, the lights stay on!!!!!....Is
this magic? Obviously the door closing shut is not pushing that little knob
at all or maybe somehting is shorting somewhere...