Downfall of DMC - continued

Among the many points brought out over a period of time, regarding the fall
of DMC, the thing that seems to be dwelled on most is financial condition of
the corporation. Avoided are: the lousy condition, ( finished electrical,
etc.) when they arrived at the dealers, as well as a poor performance from
the motor of a vehicle that looked so swift. Had the DeLorean been given a
performance motor of 225 - 250+ hp instead of 137 hp, many would have
overlooked the time factor to fix the self locking doors, relays and such.
Get this unique looking car with all its features plus enough power to blow
away a Vette, Camaro, etc.? A 12 second street car!!! That would have sold
the number of cars JZD projected! That or cut back on production and make
people's tongues hang out for one. Nothing happens in a company until a sale
of their product is made.They missed the basics. Rear wheel spinning and
smoking performance!! Especially on an introductory year. There were alot
of heavy feet out there! Hell, even I would have scrapped some extra bucks
together to be the first to own one of those stainless steel cars. The write
ups at the time were mediocre at best. Some called the performance "smooth",
& "adequate". Who cares about adequate? When I want to pass a car or get
into the flow of traffic on a freeway, I want performance and a grumble out
of the exhaust.

How many out there would love to have that Chevy powered DeLorean we saw in
Memphis, in their garage.(if it were a factory option). Please line up
behind me.

Marv
# 17707
marv@xxxx