Gold DMC interior

hi all
I know I've cause some trouble here in the past, but Im a changed man
and Im just an amature DeLorean owner looking for advice.

I really like The saddle brown (i belive its called) interior used on
one of the Gold DeLoreans. I would like to make my interior look like
that but Im not sure how to go about it. I could simply die the
entire interior but im not sure how long it would last. My interior
is black any i know you shouldnt put light on top of dark. also a
concern is that normal wear will cause the dye to flake off or simply
rub off after dried. the only other option i could realy think of
would be to go to a leather shop and have the whole interior recoved,
But that sounds very expensive and may lack quality or factory
stiching pathern. any body have any suggestions on this awkward
requst. any info would be greatly appriciated
Thanks
Tony Izzo
Vin#2467 (under construction)