Re: Currentdrain (was: Problem with Lockzilla)

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 18:10:23, "Hank Eskin" <henry@xxxx> wrote:

> With the prodding of Rick G, I've been able to locate the current drain
[snip]
> It turns out to be Lockzilla pulling about 30Ma with the "remote" unit
> plugged in, and 20ma without.

As LockZilla has to monitor the switches on the doors, SOME currentdraw
should be allowed. Although I DO think 30mA is a bit much.
Better let Bob Zilla answer this one; he's the expert on his products...

> The total current draw from the battery when the car is off was 30Ma
> until I totally disconnected Lockzilla - then I get a zero Ma reading
> on my meter.

Does this mean you have NO clock or radio installed? Those should draw
some power too for keeping time and keeping the stations.
Don't know how much, but the mechanical clock on my Escort draws 5mA,
a digital one like our cars have will probably be less with the display off.

> Has anyone else noticed a slight current drain with Lockzilla
> (with or without Remote), or could I have a defective unit?

I have LockZilla on my car, an alarmsystem and a stereo and NO battery
switch. I have had to leave my car sitting for as much as 5 weeks
without any problems due to drain, just ahd a bit of trouble when I had
a faulty doorswitch causing my alarm to trip several times a day,
draining the battery by blinking the indicators all around for 3 minutes
per alarm cycle...

As I said, the LockZilla will draw SOME current, but as I don't know
how much is allowed, I'd contact Bob Zilla directly.

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000