Radio Presets

This is in response to the recent Battery/Radio thread.

The Craig radio has an un-switched source for the pre-sets - Right? I'm
not so sure about the ASI.

If you have a battery cut-off of any kind, you should be able to bypass
the cut-off with a small-gage, fused wire to the un-switched source feed
to the radio. This would retain the pre-sets with negligible current
drain. If you were to also leave the stock un-switched wire hooked up,
your new wire would try to back-feed the whole car, so the stock wire
would have to be removed from it's source (or a diode added).

Can anyone provide more details on this, like wire colors for the
un-switched source, and an easy location to get at the wire? A lot of
people with battery cut-off switched could benefit.

Gary
www.IN2TIME.com