RE: [DML] Protecting the DeLorean Image.

RE: [DML] Protecting the DeLorean Image.

Man this is silly, really silly here. Why is everyone getting so worked
up about this "inventor" or the usage of a DeLorean in a Video Game? I
could go on all day reading off the cars that have been used in Video
Games, and all seem to be in a good light, including the DeLorean. I
have not seen a game where they took the time to make a reproduction of
a car to be silly.

Don't you think that owners of a 70's Firebird don't get Bandit jokes?
Do not owners of a 1996 BMW z3 get James Bond comments. How about
Herbie the Love Bug? DeLoreans would not be as popular today had it not
been used in BTTF. They would be in the area of the Bricklin (I am sure
there are Bricklin owners here, but if you mention it to 100 people on
the street, most will never have heard of the car but mention the
DeLorean and/or BTTF and look out). But I don't remember seeing anyone
cracking jokes to me about D-rex, or the Hover conversion, or the
convertible "D". These are all unique versions of our car. Some people
might call it bastardization, some call it cool as heck (I fall on the
side of coolness myself).

As far as the "electric" DeLorean, anyone silly enough to look at it as
a defamation of character really needs to look at this form a different
angle. What better a car to use than a futuristic Stainless Steel car
to use in his "presentation". The looks alone make you almost believe
it's possible. It is all marketing here, and we should be proud he
choose it. Not proud of the "engineering" he did or lack of. But proud
that of all the cars out there to pawn off as a perpetual motion
machine, he chose not a Viper, Prowler, Porsche, Ferrari, Model "T",
Beetle, or even a 1992 Ford Escort but a DeLorean.

Just my 2 cents, I just woke up and might be a bit groggy, but man, I
just couldn't read any more about damaging the marquee of the DeLorean
because some shmuk was using on as a scam. In 3 months, no one will
ever remember this guy ever did this, except a few people in
Nashville... Maybe...

Jack & Virginia Stiefel http://www.sacketmansion.com
1981 DeLorean Vin 3461 August 1981 Build
1988 Jaguar XJ-SC V-12
Community Radio in the 1000 Islands. 104.9 Radio Cape Vincent
http://www.radiocapevincent.com